Welcome


Nga mihi nui ki a koe. Our aim is to keep you in touch with recently purchased books, reviews and other library news and tidbits. I encourage you to subscribe or have posts conveniently emailed to you so don't 'miss the boat'.

Thursday 8 December 2011

Sarah Kay is a Spoken Word Poet

I had not heard of this term for a poet before, Sam hunt springs to mind as New Zealand's version. However, I have become a fan of Sarah Kay. Listen to her poem 'Hands', then I am sure you will want to hear more of her work.



Bio:
  • grew up in New York City and began performing her poetry when she was only fourteen years old
  • made herself at home at the Bowery Poetry Club, one of New York's most famous Spoken Word venues.
  • In 2004, Sarah founded Project V.O.I.C.E. and has since taught Spoken Word Poetry in classrooms and workshops all over the world, to students of all ages.   (Source:www.project-voice.net/)

No comments:

Post a Comment